How Can We Help?
ADC-VDB770 User Experience
Video Doorbell Configuration Best Practices
For recordings upon button press:
Create a Doorbell Call Recording Rule using the Customer Website.
- Log into the Customer Website
- Click Video
- Click + Add New Rule
- Click Doorbell Call Rule
For notifications upon button press:
Create a Doorbell Call Notification using the Customer Website or Customer App.
- Click Notifications
- Click + New Notification
- Click Doorbell Call
- Tap .
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap +.
- Tap Doorbell Call.
For more steps to create a Doorbell Call Notification, see Create a button press notification for the ADC-VDB770.
For notifications and recordings of people approaching the door:
Create a Video Analytics Recording Rule using the Customer Website or Customer App.
- Click Video.
- Click + Add New Rule.
- Click Video Analytics.
- Tap .
- Tap Video.
- Tap .
- Tap Recording Rules
- Tap + New Rule
- Tap Video Analytics
For more steps to create a Video Analytics recording rule, see Create a motion notification for the ADC-VDB770.
One Video Analytics recording rule per device. Only Ground Zone rules can be created. Only people can be detected.
Video Doorbell Call Navigation
- Tap Talk to have a conversation. No need to push to talk and then release to listen.
- After initiating the call, Talk is replaced by Mute. Tap Mute to silence user audio.
- Tap End Call to quit the doorbell call.
- Tap to adjust the doorbell call audio volume level.
- Tap Actions to interact with other devices (locks, lights, panel, garage doors, access control doors) on the system.
For more information, see Interact with visitors and devices using the ADC-VDB770 call screen.
Did You Know?
- Doorbell Analytics clips are featured in Highlights. View Highlights on the Customer Website and Customer App.
- The live view of the Video Doorbell can viewed on both the Customer Website and Customer app.
- The Video Doorbell has a 150° vertical Field of View allowing customers to see the entire doorway area including packages on the ground.
For more information about the ADC-VDB770’s specifications, see Alarm.com Video Doorbell (ADC-VDB770) – Data Sheet.
Always test your rules and notifications after configuration.