How Can We Help?
Clear A Duress Or Smoke Alarm
A duress or smoke alarm message can only be cleared using the website. It cannot be cleared using the mobile app.
The message will eventually disappear on its own after a few days. For duress alarms, the Alert message will also clear when the system is disarmed by a user code that is not the duress code. If the alarm is not clearing, contact your service provider.
Important: If an alarm is still active locally, you must acknowledge the alarm at the panel before the trouble can clear on the website and app.
To clear a duress or smoke alarm alert:
- Log into the website.
- In the Welcome card, click for Panel Duress or Smoke Sensor Must Be Reset.
- You can also click View in the System in Alarm banner to navigate to the Alerts & Issues page.
- If you do not see the Welcome card, you may have it hidden.
- In Alerts & Issues:
- For a duress alert, click Stop Alarm and confirm to stop the alarm.
- For a smoke sensor reset alert, click Remove Alert.
- Once it’s confirmed to stop or remove the alert, it acknowledges the alarm and clears the alert message from the website and app.
For more information about this feature, contact your service provider.