How Can We Help?
Create A Fire-Triggered Unlocking Automation Rule
A fire-triggered unlocking rule helps you safely exit your home in an emergency and gives first responders immediate access to the property. If you have smoke/CO sensors and at least one lock enabled on your account, this rule can automatically unlock a single door (e.g., the front or back door) when smoke or CO is detected or when the fire panic button on the security panel is pressed.
Important: This rule needs to be created and enabled manually on the website before it can begin to take effect.
Fire-triggered unlocking rules are compatible with most supported security panels and Z-Wave locks. For information about device compatibility, contact your service provider.
Important: If there is a manual auto-relock switch on the physical lock, verify it’s switched to the off position.
To create a fire-triggered lock automation rule using the website:
Important: This rule can only be created for a single lock.
- Log into the website.
- Click Automation.
- Click + Add New Rule.
- Click Event-triggered Rule.
- Name the rule in the Name of rule field.
- In When this event occurs, select Alarm.
- In the Alarm dropdown menu, select either Smoke Detector or Any Fire, Smoke, CO Emergency.
- In While system is, click to select Disarmed, Armed Stay, and Armed Away.
- In Select Devices, click to select the sole lock that will follow the rule.
- In the During this time frame, select to specify when the rule will be active.
- For At All Times, the rule will be carried out any time of day.
- For Only during the following times, click to select the specific days and times that selected devices are automated by the rule.
- Verify the rule is configured with the correct settings.
- Click Save.