How Can We Help?
Create A Wired Input/Output Recording Rule
A Wired Input/Output recording rule records video when a sensor hardwired to the camera is triggered.
To create a wired input/output recording rule using the website:
- Log into the website.
- Click Video.
- Click Recording Rules.
- Click + Add Rule.
- Click Wired input/Output.
- Name the new recording rule.
- Using the Record a clip when dropdown menu, select which camera should record a clip when its I/O port is triggered .
- In During this time frame, select the time frame for the rule to be active.
- Using the Minimum delay between camera-triggered clip uploads dropdown menu, select the a delay time to limit the number of clips recorded.
- In At home settings, select desired settings for the rule to not record when the system is Disarmed, Armed Stay, or a Geo-Device is inside the home fence.
- In Video Clip Recipients, click + Add Recipients to be notified when the recording rule is triggered.
- Click the entries in the Address Book that are to be notified, or click + New to add a new Address Book entry.
- Once all desired recipients are selected, click Close.
- Verify the recording rule is configured with the correct settings.
- Click Save Rule.