How Can We Help?
DSC Impassa – Battery Replacement
The DSC Impassa requires a special battery pack available for purchase from online retailers.
For systems without an alternate communicator, a 1500 mAh Ni-Mh battery is included to meet battery standby requirements. For systems with an alternate communicator, a 3600 mAh Ni-MH battery is included. If upgrading the battery from 1500 mAh to 3600 mAh, refer to Section  Option 7 in panel programming.
- UL/ULC Residential Burglary installations require four-hour battery standby time plus four minutes alarm annunciation.
- UL/ULC Residential Fire installations require 24-hour battery standby plus five minutes alarm annunciation. Requires 3600 mAh battery.
- Battery life is three to five years under typical operating conditions. Battery capacity deteriorates with age and number of change/discharge cycles. Replace the battery every three to five years.
Caution: Handle the battery pack with care. Do not subject to mechanical shock.
To replace the battery in a DSC Impassa:
If desired, put the system in test mode with the monitoring station before proceeding.
- Disarm the panel.
- Remove AC power from the panel.
- Disconnect the panel from the mounting plate.
- Disconnect the battery connector.
- Remove the old battery.
- Install the new battery.
- Reconnect the panel to the mounting plate.
- Restore AC power to the panel.