How Can We Help?
Enable Doorbell Camera notifications to the 2GIG EDGE panel
Receive notifications on the 2GIG EDGE screen when a doorbell camera detects motion or the button is pushed.
To enable doorbell camera notifications to the EDGE:
|Service package||A service package that supports at least one doorbell camera|
|Panel hardware||All panel versions|
|Doorbell camera||One of the following: SkyBell Doorbell Camera (ADC-VDB101/102/105/106/105x/106x) on the latest firmwareAlarm.com Video Doorbell (ADC-VDB770) on the latest firmware|
|Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi signal strength of 90-100%. For more information about signal strength requirements and how to view the current signal strength, see What are the network requirements of the SkyBell Doorbell Cameras?.Wi-Fi router must support multicast broadcasts which are used to send notificationsMost routers support multicast broadcasts. If a router does not support multicast broadcasts, the router would need to be replaced in order to be compatible with doorbell camera notifications to the 2GIG EDGE.|
To enable the doorbell camera notification:
- Log in to the Customer Website.
- Click Video.
- Click Settings.
- Using the Video Device dropdown menu, select the doorbell camera’s name.
- Click Video Device Info.
- Click to select Send motion notifications to panel and/or Send button pushed notifications to panel as desired.
- Click Save.
Note: If the user also wants to view live video from the panel screen’s doorbell notification, configure Stream Video to Security Panel Screen using the Customer Website. For more information about setting up Stream Video to Security Panel Screen, see Stream live video from Alarm.com cameras on the 2GIG EDGE.
The 2GIG EDGE makes a notification sound based on its internal settings.
Depending on the type of notifications a user has enabled, the user sees either motion detection event notifications or button push event notifications on their panel screen.
Note: For the Answer option to appear, the user must have Stream Video to Security Panel Screen set up for the doorbell camera. If this setting is not configured, the user only has the option to Dismiss the doorbell notification. For more information about setting up Stream Video to Security Panel Screen, see Stream live video from Alarm.com cameras on the 2GIG EDGE.
If notifications are not displaying on the panel, verify:
- All requirements for the feature. For more information about the requirements, see Requirements.
- Notification settings are properly saved on the Customer Website. For more information about setting up doorbell camera notifications, see To enable the Doorbell Camera notification.
- Both the 2GIG EDGE and the doorbell camera are connected to the exact same device’s Wi-Fi network (SSID), and band (2.4 GHz).
- The panel passes a Dual-Path test. For more information about performing a Dual-Path test, see Ping the system to verify Dual-Path communication and System Check User Guide.
- The following troubleshooting steps are complete:
- Disable and re-enable stream to the panel.
- Upgrade the panel to its latest firmware version.
- Power down the panel and disconnect AC power.
- Disconnect power from the access point if applicable and router, and wait 2 minutes.
- Reconnect power to the router, access point if applicable, then the panel.
The following steps require adjusting router settings. For more information about and help with changing router settings, refer to the router manual, router manufacturer, or customer’s Internet Service Provider.
- Multicast broadcasts are enabled on the Wi-Fi router.
- Log in into the router and verify that Multicast Packet Forwarding is enabled.
- If Multicast Packet Filtering is disabled, enable it.
- If the router does not have a Multicast Packet forwarding/filtering option, then multicast broadcasts may not be an option on the router. Check with the Internet Service Provider or in the router’s user manual to verify if the option is available. If a router does not support multicast broadcasts, the router would need to be replaced in order to be compatible with doorbell camera notifications to the 2GIG EDGE.
- Verify that Wi-Fi Client Isolation is disabled. For some routers/access points, it is enabled by default.
- Wi-Fi Client Isolation may also be called Client Isolation or some variation of this.