How Can We Help?
How Does The Stream Video Recorder (SVR) Work?
Once a Stream Video Recorder (SVR) and video devices are enrolled to your account, a recording schedule can be created on your account to enable 24×7 recording.
To create a 24/7 recording schedule:
- Log into the website.
- Click Video.
- Click Recording Rules.
- Click Local Recordings.
- Use the dropdown menu to select the desired SVR (if applicable).
- Click + Add Schedule.
- In Record from this camera, click to select the camera to record the SVR.
- Using the At the following frame rate dropdown menu, select the frame rate.
- Using the At this resolution dropdown menu, select the resolution (if applicable).
- Using the At this quality dropdown menu, select the quality.
- In During this time frame, select a time frame for the rule to be active.
- Click Save Schedule.
This recording schedule tells the camera to also send video to the SVR for 24×7 recording in the local network. The traffic for the camera to the SVR is maintained by your router, which requires the camera and SVR to be on the same local network. The camera continues to be accessible and able to record clips to Alarm.com and remotely view.