How Can We Help?
Qolsys IQ Panel 2 – Battery Replacement
The Qolsys IQ Panel 2 requires a special battery pack available for purchase from the manufacturer.
To replace the battery in a Qolsys IQ Panel 2:
If desired, put the system in test mode with the monitoring station before proceeding.
Caution: Do not use a screwdriver or anything sharp that could puncture the battery. Do not pull on the battery cable to try and remove the battery.
- Disarm the panel.
- Power down the panel.
- Go to Advanced Settings, enter the Installer/Dealer/Master code, then tap Power Down.
- Once powered down, remove AC power from the panel.
- Disconnect the panel from the mounting plate.
- Unplug the battery connector.
- Once the panel is powered down, unplug 4 pin battery connector from the board.
- Remove the battery.
- Pull the blue tab from under the battery downwards. This peels away the tape holding the battery in place.
- Install the new battery.
- Remove the protective film from the adhesive tape on the back of the battery and seat the battery into the bottom left plastic corner. Plug the battery connector back into the board.
- Reconnect the panel to the mounting plate.
- Restore AC power to the panel.