How Can We Help?
SEM-DSC PowerSeries – Battery Replacement
The battery used for a DSC PowerSeries (PC1616, PC1832, PC1864) depends on the desired standby time. Use the chart in this article to determine the required battery. Battery capacity deteriorates with age and the number of charge/discharge cycles. Replace every 3-5 years.
Note: It is recommended that the backup battery is replaced every three to five years.
Standby battery guide
The current values in the table denote the maximum current draw permitted to achieve the desired standby time with the listed battery types.
|Battery size||4 hours||24 hours|
- A sealed, rechargeable, lead acid battery or gel type battery is required to meet UL requirements for power standby times.
- UL Residential/Commercial Burglary installations require 4Hrs of standby battery time.
- UL/ULC Residential Fire & Health Care installations require 24 Hrs of standby battery time. ULC Commercial Burglary and Fire monitoring installations require 24Hrs of standby battery time plus 5 minutes of alarm condition.
To replace the battery in a SEM-DSC PowerSeries:
If desired, put the system in test mode with the monitoring station before proceeding.
- Disarm the panel.
- Power off the panel.
- Remove AC power from the panel.
- Unplug the battery connector.
- Remove the old battery.
- Power on the panel.
- Install the new battery by connecting the RED battery lead to the positive battery terminal and the BLACK battery lead to the negative battery terminal.
- Reconnect the panel to the mounting plate.
- Restore AC power to the panel.
Note: Verify the panel does not display a Battery Absent trouble condition. If the keypad still displays a low battery message, the new battery may just need time for the panel to recharge it.