How Can We Help?
The ADC-VDB770 Detects Too Much or Too Little Motion
Users can configure the ADC-VDB770’s motion detection settings to only capture what is important. Follow these guidelines to optimize motion detection.
Verify that the correct mounting bracket is selected
When using mounting brackets that tilt the device vertically, selecting the currently used bracket in the Video Device Info page can improve its motion detection.
To adjust the chime type using the Customer Website:
- Log into the Customer Website.
- Click Video.
- Click Settings.
- Using the Video Device dropdown menu, select the desired video device.
- Click Video Device Info.
- Using the Chime Type dropdown menu, select the appropriate chime type. For more information about identifying what type of chime the ADC-VDB770 is connected to, see What types of chimes are compatible with the ADC-VDB770?.
- Click Save.
Verify the Ground Zone is configured correctly
- Avoid overlapping ground zones with objects that are prone to movement (e.g., such as trees, bushes, or other objects that move in the wind).
- Only draw the rule where the feet or wheels of the person should enter.
- Do not increase the size of the Ground Zone to cover the whole of the person.
- Do not include walls, trees, or other structures in the rule/selection.
- After observing what the rule detects over a few days, consider adjusting the Detection Sensitivity slider higher for more triggers or lower for fewer.
For more information about Video Analytics best practices in general, see Video Analytics best practices.