How Can We Help?
What Can I Do If Mobile Push Notifications Do Not Play Sound?
If there is no sound played when a push notification is received, perform the following troubleshooting.
Verify mobile device notification settings
- Verify that the media volume on the mobile device is not muted.
- Verify that the mobile device does not have any Do Not Disturb settings enabled or select Do Not Disturb override options in the device’s settings.
- Verify that the mobile device allows push notifications to both play sounds and wake the screen.
- Verify that the Alarm.com app has access to notifications sounds in the mobile device’s settings.
Verify the mobile device speaker function
- Test other applications on the mobile device for audio functionality.
- Listen for sound out of the mobile device’s speaker as well as with headphones to determine if the issue is related to one of these.
Note: Some mobile device cases can muffle sounds.
Verify the mobile device launcher settings
- If using a launcher app on an Android phone, turn the launcher app off and see if notifications are affected in the same way.
- Apps that manage notifications are known to affect both the sounds of notifications and are known to hide notifications in some cases.